One of the ways you can help Houston look more like Heaven is by hosting “Watch Partys” on Facebook whenever we go LIVE on Sunday mornings. Or when Pastor Steve goes live with a Q&A and/or prayer time. This will help us reach as many people as possible to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ!
You might be asking “What is a Watch Party?” Great question!
“Watch Party is a new way for people to watch videos on Facebook together in real-time. Once a Watch Party is started, participants can watch videos, live or recorded, and interact with one another around them in the same moment.”
So we put together a couple of quick ways to help us out.
Two Ways to Create a Facebook Watch Party
1. From your Newsfeed:
- From a desktop computer, under “Create post” at the top of your newsfeed, click the “…“, then click “Watch Party”. From a mobile phone click “What’s on your mind?” scroll down and click “Watch Party.”
- Select “Live” under the search bar or type “Houston NW Church” into the search bar.
- Click Add to Queue next to any videos you’d like to add to your watch party, then click Done.
- You can choose to add a description for your watch party, then click Post. You’ll see a message that says “Your Watch Party Is About To Begin.”
2. While Watching the LIVE Video:
- Once you’ve clicked into the LIVE Video and have the video playing. Click “share” to the right of your screen (on desktop) or at the bottom (on a mobile phone)
- It should bring up an option for a “watch party.” Click that!
- That’s it! From there you can invite people to your watch party, etc.
Once you’re in the watch party you can add friends to watch with you.
We appreciate YOU! #WELOVEHOU