Join us for three glorious days at the at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa on Lake Conroe. This year’s focus is to bring vitality and excitement into our marriage the way God has designed them to be. Learn ways of interacting and building your relationship with your spouse which creates a healthy and fun marriage.
There are many opportunities for you to relax and have fun at La Torretta to include: miniature golf, a 3.5 acre water park, beachfront, tennis and fitness center. The town of Montgomery is also just a few miles away with antique shops and all kinds of places to eat.
Our goal is to help develop marriages where God’s love and presence is demonstrated in the lives of husbands and wives and reflect that love relationship we have with Him.
Friday | September 18
- 2:00 p.m. Registration Opens
- 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. | Mixer with Appetizers
- 7:45 p.m.-9:00 p.m. | Worship & General Session #1
Saturday | September 19
- 7:30 a.m.-8:30 a.m. | Breakfast
- 8:45 a.m.-10:00 a.m. | Breakout Session #1
- 10:15 a.m.-11:30 a.m. | Worship & General Session #2
- 11:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. | Personal time with each other
- 6:30 p.m.-7:45 p.m. | Breakout Session #2
- 8:00 p.m.-9:15 p.m. | Breakout Session #3
Sunday | September 20
- 7:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. | Check Out Time & Breakfast on your own
- 9:00 a.m.-9:45 a.m. | Worship
- 10:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m. | General Session #3
- 11:30 a.m. | Dismissal
Hixon & Margie Frank
Hixon Frank is the lead Discipleship Pastor at Austin’s historic Hyde Park Baptist Church. He and his wife, Margie, have been married for 26 years and have three children. They are frequent conference/retreat speakers as their engaging, practical and encouraging style is perfect for newlyweds and empty nesters alike.
- General Session #1 | How the F-word Will Change Your Marriage: Forgiving God, your spouse and yourself
- General Session #2 | The Date Night Myth-Intimacy: Physical, emotional and spiritual
- General Session #3 | Keeping the Rules Will Harm Your Marriage: Christian marriages are under attack, by other Christians
Tom & Cindy King
Tom & Cindy King have been married 44 years and have 2 daughters and 6 grandchildren. He has been directing the Counseling Programs at HNW for over 15 years.
- Breakout Session | Fireworks In The Bedroom: Sparks are not only for the 4th of July
Dave & Marilyn Maddox
David and Marilyn have been married for 13 years. They have two sons; Jack (11) and Zane (9). They have been active in student and children’s ministries at HNW for 13 years. David has been with the Federal Aviation Administration since 1987 and is currently an Air Traffic Controller in Houston. Marilyn recently completed her Masters degree in Counseling and is looking forward to seeing how God is going to use this in her ministry. In addition to youth/children’s ministry they also are involved with World Hope Ministries International and have made several trips to Africa to serve in prisons, schools, and orphanages. They both love college sports and are frequent attenders of Baylor and Oklahoma sporting events.
- Breakout Session | Getting Past the Past: It doesn’t have to define your future
Darren & Patti Carver
Darren serves on staff at HNW as the Pastor of Discipleship. Darren and Patti met when he began his first full-time ministry position at her home church in Oklahoma. Since then they have served in Oklahoma, Virginia and Houston. Their daughter, Laney, is a nursing student at UT Tyler and son, Davis, is a junior at Cypress Christian School. They recently celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary and enjoy traveling with their kids, traveling without their kids and eating good Mexican food.
- Breakout Session | Redefining Successful Parenting: A discussion on parenting for God’s purpose and not the world’s approval
Dr. Steve & Joy Bezner
Steve serves as Senior Pastor at HNW. He is a graduate of Hardin-Simmons University and Baylor University. During his time at Hardin-Simmons, Steve met his wife, Joy. They have two sons Ben and Andrew. They have served together in youth, college, and adult ministries and are excited to be serving at HNW together.
- Breakout Session | Stay Up and Fight: A lover’s guide to communication
Registration is $100 per couple. Registration will end of September 13.
Rooms are $139 + tax per night. Limited number of rooms available at this rate so make your reservations early! Reserve below or call 936-448-3024 and let them know you will be attending the HNW Marriage Conference.
e. [email protected]