HNW Gathering Guidelines
We look forward to worshiping with you at Houston Northwest Church! In order to provide a safe environment during the COVID-19 pandemic, please abide by the following HNW Gathering Guidelines.
- All indoor campus venues, activities and services are "mask required" for everyone ages 10+ at this time.
- Everyone is encouraged to practice safe distancing from those individuals outside of their immediate household.
- Attendees are encouraged to practice touchless greeting.
- No items will be passed among attendees at Houston Northwest Church, including offering baskets, print materials or other worship items. Offering receptacles are available at each interior door in the Worship Center.
- All touched surfaces will be sanitized between our worship services and gathering times.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located at entrances to our buildings and throughout the campus.
- Join us online if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or other illness or have been around anyone who has tested positive within the last 14 days.
- All individuals who fall within the high-risk groups as defined by the CDC are encouraged to stay home and worship online.
- As new information becomes available, HNW reserves the right to modify instructions and precautions to best serve and ensure the safety of our church family.
If you are a member of HNW and have been financially affected by COVID-19, had a change in your employment or have experienced health issues due to the virus, we may be able to help. While we can’t help everyone, we will review all requests in the order they are received. Please allow 5 - 7 days for a reply to your request.
COVID Update March 2021
March 4th, 2021
Church Family,In reading through the book of Philippians this week in preparation for my sermon, I was struck by the following verses:In humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.I know that for many of us the pandemic has exposed weakness in this area. We each have different needs. When our perso...
HNW COVID-19 Update 12/4
December 4th, 2020
Church Family,As I’m certain you’re all aware, COVID-19 cases are on the rise—not just in Houston, but nationwide.Personally, I have thoroughly enjoyed in-person worship since we started gathering again in September. I know it has been a source of encouragement for many of you. We have seen God move, even in these odd circumstances.We have been especially thankful that after three months of gather...
HNW COVID-19 Update!
October 26th, 2020
Important reminders for this week......
"Whew What a Ride!" by Lorie Detter
September 23rd, 2020
by Lorie Detter I was a World War II baby. I grew up in a home with hard-working parents, but we lived at the poverty level. My church upbringing was very legalistic, and I worked hard to be “perfect.” I spent a lot of time with my grandparents. They impressed on me that getting saved was the goal, and I walked the aisle at age 8. The rules were many: no shorts, no makeup, no swimsuits, long dress...
August 27th, 2020
At least one HNW Life Group created a "scattered church" experience in their cul-de-sac this past weekend. Kacie Ticer explains: "A few weeks ago, Ben and I began kicking around the idea of pulling our Life Group together for a worship service. When Pastor Steve encouraged the church to begin gathering in small groups outdoors, we envisioned what that would look like and how it would give us an op...